As the sun sets earlier and rises later, the world grows darker around us. The essence of this festival is to acknowledge the light that shines from each of us, and the power of our lights together.
At our Lantern Walk, we will gather to share a simple snack and enjoy the companionship of our friends. As the sunset sets, we will set out into the woods with our homemade lanterns shining bright.
The program of the evening is as follows:
4.30 Snacks and socializing
5:00 Lantern Lighting and Songs
5:15 Nature walk with our Lanterns
5.45 Closing circle
RAIN DATE: Friday, November 9
Current OSDS families and alumni families of children under the age of nine are invited to share in this festival.
* Please arrive and take leave promptly. Prompt arrivals help to facilitate a peaceful start to our festival, and prompt dismissal helps hold the mood of wonder which we are striving to creating.
* Please accompany your child at all times. Parents are responsible for supervising their children during our festival: please stand with your child during circle, and walk with them through the woods. We will be carrying lanterns lit with real candles, please walk slowly and carefully.
* Please help us hold the mood wonder by singing as we walk. We are incorporating a new song into the rotation this year! Words to the songs are on the bottom of the page, feel free to practice with your children who know the melody.
* We will be outdoors for the entirety of this festival: please dress accordingly.
* Through the Lantern Walk, it is our intention to create space for reverence and wonder in our children. A quiet supper at home, followed by early to bed is the best accompaniment to our festival.